We are currently looking for an Operations Manager to join our team at YESS!
Who we are: Youth Empowerment & Support Services (YESS) is a not-for-profit agency working with youth facing difficult realities. We provide overnight, residential and day programming to youth who access our services. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive and safe work environment for people of all backgrounds. YESS is also a pet-friendly workplace.
This individual will oversee and manage facilities and kitchens departments, work collaboratively with CEO and executive team to align with strategic priorities.
Other Duties Include
- Promote the Agency in a positive manner to the community
- Participate in staff training as required
- Assist with fundraising activities when available
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience managing multiple teams (5+ years would be considered an asset)
- Experience with project management an asset (coordinating, estimating, implementing, tracking and managing)
- Maintenance experience is essential
- Kitchen operations experience is desired
- Willingness to learn and work within a unique environment
- Experience working with youth experiencing homelessness and high risk behaviours an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Ability to communicate and work effectively on a multidisciplinary team
- Proficient in use of computers and other office equipment is an asset
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures
- Meticulous records maintenance skills.
- Able to manage time efficiently and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Criminal Record Check (CRIM) and Child and Youth Intervention Check (CYIM) that are no more than six (6) months old
- Valid Standard First Aid Certificate