We are currently looking for Shelter Relief Workers to join our team at YESS!
Who we are: Youth Empowerment & Support Services (YESS) is a not-for-profit agency working with youth facing difficult realities. We provide overnight, residential and day programming to youth who access our services. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive and safe work environment for people of all backgrounds. YESS is also a pet-friendly workplace.
Current candidates MUST include their hours of availability your cover letter.
Resumes that are submitted without your general hours of availability listed will not be considered.
- Providing a safe, clean and secure environment for the youth ages 15-24
- Building healthy relationships with youth
- Assisting with intakes and diversion
- Housekeeping duties are required
- Managing youth access to services: meals, showers, laundry, donations, ect.
- Working with youth to achieve their goals and transition out of homelessness
- Role modeling Appropriate behaviors
- Maintaining records and entering information into a database and performing clerical duties
- Other duties as required
- Degree or Diploma in Child & Youth Care or related Human Services field
- A minimum one-year experience in Youth Work or Social Work
- Experience working in a shelters or drop-in centers will be considered an asset
- CYCAA Child and Youth Care certification will be considered an asset
- A clear criminal record check obtained less than six months ago
- A clear Child Intervention Record check obtained less than six months ago
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
- Knowledgeable and respectful of values, beliefs and practices of Indigenous and other cultural and diverse groups
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer proficiency
YESS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive and safe work environment for people of all backgrounds. YESS is also a pet-friendly workplace.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.