(We are currently looking for Youth Workers (Shelters) to join our team at YESS!
Who we are: Youth Empowerment & Support Services (YESS) is a not-for-profit agency working with youth facing difficult realities. We provide overnight, residential and day programming to youth who access our services. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive and safe work environment for people of all backgrounds.
The successful candidates would be able to provide coverage for our regular staff or work alongside, as required, for all our shelter programs.
Programs & Shifts Available
Nexus 24/7 Emergency Shelter
Part-time -Saturday and Sunday part time permanent position, 8am-8pm posted.
(option to pick up shifts up to 80 hours bi-weekly)
- Providing a safe, clean and secure environment for the youth ages 15-21
- Building healthy relationships with youth
- Assisting with intakes and crisis diversion
- Housekeeping duties are required
- Managing youth access to services: meals, showers, laundry, donations, etc.
- Working with youth to achieve their goals and transition out of homelessness
- Role modeling appropriate behaviors
- Maintaining documentation records and entering information into a database and performing
- Clerical duties to maintain youth support, youth goal setting and team communication.
- Other duties as required
- Degree or Diploma in Child & Youth Care or related Human Services field
- A minimum one-year experience in Youth Work or Social Work
- Experience working in a shelters or drop-in centers will be considered an asset
- CYCAA Child and Youth Care certification will be considered an asset
- A criminal record check obtained less than six months ago
- Child Intervention Record check obtained less than six months ago
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
- Knowledgeable and respectful of values, beliefs and practices of Aboriginal and other cultural and diverse groups
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer proficiency
- All employees, regardless of their work location will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved accommodation.
- Everyone coming to YESS facilities, including students, staff, contractors and visitors, will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Rapid testing will not be accepted as an alternative to vaccination, except individuals who cannot be vaccinated based on medical or other protected grounds outlined in the Alberta Human Rights Act.
YESS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive and safe work environment for people of all backgrounds. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
This posting will remain open until all positions are filled.