YESS is currently seeking a qualified Resource Worker to provide support for our ARC program and a safe environment for youth requiring daytime program assistance.
Who we are - Youth Empowerment & Support Services (YESS) is a not-for-profit agency working with youth facing difficult realities. We provide overnight, residential and day programming to youth who access our services. We are currently seeking a qualified individual to provide support for our Armoury Resource Centre daytime support program, which provides resources to youth regarding medical needs, housing supports, family connections, harm reduction, counselling, employment, recreation and other supports as needed. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, highly detail-oriented, friendly, and possess the ability to build good relationships.
• Direct supervision of youth accessing the Armoury Resource Centre
• Individual assessments and referral to appropriate supports and services
• Completing documentation in a timely, accurate, and professional documentation (i.e., Contact Notes, Incident Reports, etc.)
• Assisting youth with basic needs
• Ensuring Program and agency spaces are cleaned to agency standards
• In accordance with Agency outlined processes conduct daily intake of new clients
• Sign in regular clients, provide lockers, assign chores and coordinate services
• Encourage and support the positive involvement of clients in community activities
• Be knowledgeable of developmental stages of youth accessing YESS services to introduce appropriate programming
• Involve clients in goal planning, help motivate youth and find ways around barriers
• Connect clients to internal and external resources
• Teach/Assist clients in collaboration with Client Navigator to obtain help from legal/justice/family services
• Implement Centre rules and expectations with the aid of developmentally appropriate intervention practices
• Enforce consistent corrective practices when dealing with inappropriate behaviour to ensure a safe and secure environment
• Manage crisis situations where client safety is threatened by applying Agency guidelines and standards (ex. Have thorough understanding of Emergency procedure manual)
• Be familiar with and be confident in implementing all emergency procedures set out by Agency to deal with a crisis Provide guidance, training, and support on the ARC floor for new staff, students, and volunteers, as well as YESS staff conducting shadow shifts.
What the Successful Candidate Brings
• Good people skills
• Well organized and excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Good verbal & written communication skills
• Flexible and ability to deal with ambiguity
• Creative problem-solving skills
• A diploma or degree in Child and Youth Care, Social Work or other
• directly related Human Services is mandatory. CYCAA certification or other
• related certification will be considered an asset.
• A minimum of two years’ experience in the human services field working with
• youth facing difficult realities
• Knowledge of appropriate community resources
• Clear police clearance (CRIM) and a Child and Youth Intervention
• (CYIM) checks, both obtained within the last six months
• Valid driver’s license and driver’s abstract
• All employees, regardless of their work location will be required to be
• Must be able to support through a trauma informed scope
• Basic computer skills
• Training in First Aid, and/or Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved accommodation
Your application was submitted successfully.